Lawrence A. Garvey is a partner in the Law Firm of Garvey Tirelli & Cushner LTD located in White Plains, New York. Garvey Tirelli & Cushner LTD is a multidisciplinary finance, business, and criminal law firm seeking to provide clients with the best representation available.
During his years in private practice, Lawrence Garvey has successfully guided numerous individuals through their complex legal issues with expertise and diligence. Lawrence broad background of experience with over 10 years focused on law. Lawrence has developed a good reputation in criminal law by providing sound legal advice and strong criminal defense.
Prior to entering private practice, Lawrence was General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of ACORD Corporation, a highly technical, international Insurance Association located in Pearl River, New York. While at ACORD, Lawrence authored numerous articles and white papers on Technology and the Law. Prior to entering the legal field, Lawrence taught seventh and eigth grade English in the New York City Public School system, where he also served as a United Federation of Teacher’s Chapter Delegate.
From 2006 thru 2009, Lawrence was an elected member of the Clarkstown Board of Education, in Clarkstown, New York, service as its President in 2008-2009.
Lawrence is a graduate of St. John’s University School of Law and the State University of New York at Albany. Additionally, Lawrence is a member of the Westchester County Bar Association, The New York State Bar Association and The Rockland County Bar Association.
- St. John’s University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- The State University of New York, Albany, New York, United States of Amercia
- Articles, Law and Technology in the Business Environment
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westchester County Bar Association Member
- New York State Bar Association Member
- American Bar Association Member, ACORD Corporation General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- International Insurance Association General Counsel and Corporate Secretary